MakerBot Digitizer Desktop 3D Scanner
Scan objects quickly and easily to create 3D design files that can be edited, improved and created with your 3D printer!
3D Scanning as Simple as Two Mouse Clicks!
The MakerBot Digitizer Desktop 3D Scanner makes creating 3D designs and models easier than ever. With as little as two clicks, the Digitizer will scan objects up to 8 inches in diameter by 8 inches in height and creates a standard 3D design file that can be printed with a 3D printer or modified using 3D design programs.
Quickly Generates Standard 3D File Formats
The scanning process only takes about 12 minutes, and it creates standard 3D file formats (.stl and .thing) that can be used with third-party design programs and 3D printers, though it is worth mentioning that the MakerBot designed the Digitizer scanner to work seamlessly with its line of Replicator desktop 3D printers.
Great for Beginners - No 3D Design Experience Needed!
The Digitizer is great for those new to the 3D printing universe, because it doesn't require any 3D design or modeling skills or experience to get started. Scan items to produce duplicates or spares with your 3D printer, or use your 3D modeling program to improve the design. Combine multiple designs to create more impressive, complex models. Get creative!
Software That's Simple, Yet Powerful
Behind the MakerBot Digitizer's two-click simplicity is the included MakerWare for Digitizer software, which delivers a powerful and complex reconstruction process in a user-friendly interface. MakerWare for Digitizer contains an algorithm that connects hundreds of thousands of points into a seamless digital mesh in just seconds. No need to patch, stitch, or repair the design, the Digitizer scanner creates clean, watertight 3D models that are ready to 3D print.
MultiScan Technology Provides Superior Scans
Additionally, MakerBot's MultiScan™ Technology allows you to scan objects from multiple angles to capture the top, bottom, and hidden parts of objects and merges them together, creating the most accurate 3D designs and models.
MakerBot Digitizer 3D Scanner Features:
- Scans items up to 8" (diameter) x 8" (height) for 3D printing with just two clicks
- Scans objects in approximately 12 minutes
- Creates standard design files that will work with MakerBot and other 3D printers and design applications (exports .stl and .thing files)
- Includes powerful, user-friendly MakerWare™ for Digitizer software
- MakerBot MultiScan™ Technology allows you to scan objects from multiple angles and merge them for the best possible 3D scan
- Supported by Windows (7+), Mac OSX (10.7+), and Linux (UBUNTU 12.04+) operating systems
We Also Recommend